This calendar of saints is drawn from several denominations, sects, and traditions. Although it will no longer be updated daily, the index on the right will guide visitors to a saint celebrated on any day they choose. Additional saints will be added as they present themselves to Major.

Thursday, July 25, 2013

July 25 -- Blessed Rerun

I saw that Univision was the top rated network within the 18-49 demographic for the most recent round of Nielsen ratings.  It topped CBS, ABC, NBC, Fox, and all the rest.  Of course, it is doing entirely new programming this season rather than slipping into the summer rerun season as networks traditionally do.

As with all news, I asked myself, what are the implications for me?  Sure, I should probably be writing this in Spanish instead of English, but that's what the google translate button at the bottom of the page is for.  And sure, I should probably be writing new content instead of re-running posts, but I grew up in an age when shows weren't available on demand and reruns of Gilligan's Island, Hogan's Heroes, and McHale's Navy (why were there always possessives in show titles?) never went out of fashion.  With that self-justification in mind, ladies and gentlemen, may I present...

Saint James the Greater

and

the Martyrs of Cuncolim

No comments:

Post a Comment